LATco offers a 3 level long-form improvisation PROGRAM
Classes are currently held in Baton Rouge, LA
Classes are designed for both individual growth and the development of group mind through the principles of LATCo's style of play. Each eight week level will focus on a different aspect of ensemble improvisation.
Classes will be broken into the following levels:
1 - The Scene: Two person scenes. The building blocks of any long-form show.
- Basic two person scene work
- Playing the dynamic, not the plot.
- Developing characters through emotional point of view.
- Identifying strengths, and working on expanding range.
2 - The Piece: The elements of play necessary to make a long-form show successful.
- Develop the skills to maneuver a piece on a show by show basis.
- Exploration, connections, expansion within the piece.
3 - The Team: Defining of roles that exist within an improv team.
- Working collaboratively within a group of performers.
- Recognizing and addressing the needs of a collective performance.
- Considering performer types and tendencies with a preference toward developing flexibility.
Each class will run for 8 weeks and will be limited to 14 students.
Class levels must be taken in order to the one before it, i.e., Level 1 must be taken before a student can take Level 2.
Cost is $300 per 8-week session.
Classes are taught by veteran improviser and LATCo founder, T.C. Matherne.